Marwood Parish Council

Parish Councillors

Clerk to the Council:
Malcolm J Measures MInstAM,MMS

01271 323386 marparco2@live.co.uk

 

Parish Councillors     Contact

Richard Berry

01271 850392

richardberry85@btinternet.com

Colin Latham

01271 371964 (Chairman) Parish Roads/Highways

higherstowfordfarm@gmail.com

Sue Button

01271 813804 (Vice Chairman)

suebutton2013@gmail.com

   

David Chugg

 01271 377491

chuggdj@gmail.com

Christopher Wallis

01271 850260

wallis.fiona@googlemail.com

   
Christopher Spear

01271 850533

chris.spear@hotmail.com

 

 

 

 To view most recent Parish Council Meeting, AGM Report and Agenda for next meeting see below. For previous meetings click here .

 

The Parish Council is seeking to co-opt THREE COUNCILLORS.

The Council has nine Councillors and meets once a month (not August)

If you would like to serve as a Councillor to represent the residents of the Parish please contact the Clerk to the Council for further information.

M J Measures, Clerk to the Council, 9 Kingfisher Drive Westacott, Barnstaple EX32 8QW

e-mail: marparco2@live.co.uk

Council Agenda 06 06 2019.pdf
Adobe Acrobat Document 85.1 KB

MARWOOD PARISH COUNCIL

 

 

MARWOOD PARISH COUNCIL

Report of the COUNCIL MEETING  6 June 2019

Marwood Methodist Church Hall, Guineaford

Prior to the meeting Councillors and Clerk presented Sheelagh Darling with flowers and a commemorative crystal clock on her retirement after 47 years as a Parish Councillor

with Marwood Parish Council

 

Members Present: Cllrs. C Spear, C Latham, C Wallis, D Chugg, S Button

Apologies: Cllr R Berry

In Attendance: Cllr Mrs A Davis, Cllr F Tucker. M J Measures (Clerk to the Council),

Disclosable Interests. Cllr Chugg (Minute 4984)        Chairman's Discretion. None

 

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting 16 May 2019

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting 16 May 2019

Both sets of Minutes were agreed and signed as a true record.

Police Report

The Clerk sent Members a copy of the Police Report which showed one reported crime

of theft. The Clerk reported that he had informed the police and Devon County Highways of the vandalism to road traffic signs throughout the Parish. There has been no response from the police and DCC Highways will assess the damage by 19 June 2019.

Reports from County and District Councillors

The report from Cllr Mrs Davis includes updates on the A361 Pedestrian Cycle Crossings at Bishops Tawton and Landkey: Local Industrial Strategy: Great South West proposals for Appledore and M5 junction 25: new NDC grant funds. (A copy of the report had been sent to Councillors and a copy is attached to the Minutes).

Cllr Tucker reported on the make-up of the new North Devon Council. He commented on the Code of Conduct information meeting which was attended by Cllr Spear. A copy of the guidelines have been sent to all Parish Councillors.

Correspondence

Relevant correspondence has been sent to Councillors.

NDC Community Priorities for Open Space informing the Council of funding opportunities: NDC Open Space& Green Infrastructure Guidance for S106 funds.

Finance

Invoices agreed for payment: C F Wallis £100 .00 (MayP3);North Devon Council £457.30 (June); Balance at 6 June 2019: £7066.46

Planning Matters

66342 – Erection of one local needs dwelling (additional information) at land to the North of Merewood Close, Prixford. Cllr Chugg declared a prujudicial interest and left the meeting, he did not speak or vote and returned to the meeting after a recommendation was made.

Members discussed the reasons for local needs and said the decision will be made by North Devon Council in accordance with planning policy.  Recommend : Approval

                    Cllr Mrs Davis left the meeting at 20.05

On-going Matters

Telephone Kiosk. Cllr Wallis will provide costs to refurbish the kiosk and to install interior fittings. The Clerk will investigate the electrical power supply.

Co-option of Councillors.  Notices have been placed on all the Parish notice boards and  will be included Marwood Matters.

Reports from Councillors

Parish Footpaths.  No report

Highways/Transport.  Cllr Spear said he has been in contact with Devon County Highways concerning the proposed traffic scheme in Prixford. He confirmed that DCC will now contact Pearce Construction with a view to moving this forward and that the Officer will liaise with colleagues to programme the works. All relevant interested parties have been informed.

Chairman's Discretion.

None

                      Meeting closed at 20.25

                                                                                                     M J Measures                                                                        

 

North Devon Council - Useful links